Tel: 083 420 5434
Email: info@willowmoreinfo.com
Willowmore Info
Willowmore Information

Historical Buildings

The Town Hall, although Victorian has an interesting clock tower. It is believed that the Town Hall was built in 1896. The Town Hall was renovated in 2009 at a cost of R2,15 million.
This large elegant Victorian double-storey building was once the Old Pastorie of the NG Church. It is now filled with choice antiques from Victorian and Edwardian periods.
A typically Victorian civil administration building in stone with plaster quoins at the corners, windows and door. The property was registered to the Government in 1895.
Erf 1553 was first registered in 1873. The firs building, owned by F.W. Baker in 1889, was burnt down. The new building was later in 1940, owned by Louisa Greeff.
Erf 1332 was first registered in 1880. The Victorian structure has a Dutch-style gable. The building houses the offices of Steyn & van der Vyver.
The small Victorian cottage was used by the Order of the Good Templars. An organisation for temperance and total abstinence. It is now the Engineering department of the Municipality.
The church was built between 1876 and 1881. It is on record that Bishop West Jones consecrated the church on 09 August 1881.
The hotel is a typical Internatioonal style of 1920s and 1930s which was a major architectural trend at the time.
Contact Details

Email: info@willowmoreinfo.com

Number: 083 420 5434

Willowmore 6445
Eastern Cape

closearrow-circle-o-downtwitter-squarefacebook-squarebarsyoutube-squareinstagramfacebook-official