The Old Blackstone Power Station was built in 1952 and supplied Willowmore with power until 1984. There are six Lister Blackstone diesel generators. They were shipped from England and then came up by rail to Willowmore. For many years diesel was transported to Willowmore in 44-gallon metal drums. The largest engine is still in working order and uses 5 liters of diesel in 15 minutes. A key to this facility is available at the Tourism Office in the main Road.